• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening files in lightroom to photoshop

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open my files from lightroom directly into Photoshop cc 2019.  I have done it all.  uninstalled reinstalled visited the forum tried a million things.  Then I discovered that after I put Photoshop cs6 in the preferences I can create a new file but I get an error that cs6 needs to be reinstalled.  I cancel that and then can open that file in photoshop cc 2019.  My original file is a raw file.  The new file is a tiff.  So I brought tiff files into lightroom but still cannot open them directly to photoshop.  I checked and both are 16bit.  ?????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of questions just so I understand. If you have Photoshop CC 2019, then why are you trying to use Photoshop CS6 as well? What exact version of Lightroom are you trying to use? What operating system? What camera model? Can you please describe your workflow in a little more detail. Is it the TIF files that you cannot open in Lightroom, or are you having difficulty with the raw files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more information before anyone here can help.

What platform, Mac or PC?

What OS, version number please?

What version numbers of Lightroom, Photoshop and camera raw?

You say you cannot open files directly, what happens when you try?

Do you get an error message?

Screenshots are always a big help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAC - 10.13.6 cannot upgrade to Mojave

Canon 1DX

Photoshop 20.0.3

Lightroom 8.2 with camera RAW 11.2

I bring into my computer using Lightroom.  They are RAW files

Edit them

Open them in Photoshop for further edits  (I am an architectural photographer and NEED PS)

One day my photoshop disappeared.  Don’t know why and I had to reinstall Creative Cloud and then reinstall Photoshop

After that I could not open files from Lightroom.  Photoshop opens but now image appears and no duplicate file is created.

After doing so many things I was getting behind on my work so I thought I would just go back to CS6 and edit in there.  I added CS6 to my preference and then tried opening a file from Lightroom.  It created a duplicate file a .tiff file but I got an error message telling me to reinstall CS6

From that file that had been created I tried then to open in PScc2019 and it worked.  So that is what happed and how I discovered that I could open files created with CS6 to open in CC2019

Janet Skinner

Ashley Studios

[Moderator]

[personal information removed per policy - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is a public forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reinstalling Photoshop, did you reinstall Lightroom?

See this thread, in particular Post #1 by thedigitaldog​

Photoshop starts, but doesn't open files sent from Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have had the same problem for the last week.

Try to select an image on LR and once you are on it press "command" + "R" to locate your file.
Go back to LR and now again try to open the file in photoshop. (Is working for me)

Next step go to your main folder (the folder that contains all of your images) example. I have:Archive-2019-etc-etc

Select the main folder and choose "updated folder location". You will want to update it with his standard location.
Done that every image on that main folder will open. At least for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ok abandoned this project because I updated the firmware for my WD MyCloud external hard drives as I saw maybe that was the problem. That set me into a whole new problem that I had to research and fix. Now I am back to my original problem opening files from lightroom classic to Photoshop cc2019.

Still not working.

This seems to only be a problem with the fact that my files are stored on my HD’s and not my MAC.

But I never had this problem before this update.

Janet Skinner

Ashley Studios

Studio: 845-724-3460

Cell: 845-797-1001

janet@ashleystudios.com

www.ashleystudios.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines