• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening LRC Issues

Participant ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the hang up opening LRC?  More times than not, it opens, then I click the + Folder icon to point to the new folder I want to work on and I get a spinning wheel that never goes away.  I have to force the program shut after waiting for ages to see if it will come to life.

I really don't like how this program works.  From what I gather, it thinks in Catelogs.  Great if you are a photographer and your life's work in on the computer for ready access.  I'm not.  I'm processing drone 360 pano images.  I want to open LRC.  Load images for a new project.  Process them, Finished.  I won't access those images again.  One and done.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Have you tried turning off the GPU option from Lightroom's preferences? Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give it a try next time I use it and it happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only file LrC opens is the catalog, literally. You must learn to think in catalogs. The catalog is a database that keeps track of where the images are stored as well as all the aadjustments you make those images and the keywords you assign to those images. All the work performed using Lightroom is stored in the catalog. The images are left in their pristine state. You must learn to effectively use the catalog because it is the central file in the LrC workflow. Without it LrC is useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get what it is doing.  I explained my workflow.  All that doesn't really matter in a one-and-done workflow, does it?  It keeping track of where things are stored, maintaining a catalog... doesn't apply in my situation.  Once I process the files, LTC will never see them again.  The files will be removed from the computer, so keeping track of them is pointless. (for me).  But I like the way LRC works while I am processing them and the Develop mode and bulk application when I am using it.  It's just always looking for things in the past and asking me to back up catalogs, which I know are a pointless exercise in my situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you using LrC to edit your i ages. LrC is a Data Access Manager (DAM), whole point is to maintain a database, the catalog.

Consider a different program. Maybe not evan from Adobe. DxO? On1? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, "But I like the way LRC works while I am processing them and the Develop mode and bulk application of settings when I am using it."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would agree. There is no reason for you to fight the system. Lightroom has to work the way it is designed, and that isn't the way you work. If you are not keeping your images and don't want to maintain a catalog then Lightroom really isn't your best choice. The catalog is the backbone of Lightroom Classic and cannot be eliminated from the LrC work flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured.  I just want to have my cake and eat it too.  Greedy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines