• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizing LR Develop Presets: confusion on organizing

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my LR Classic 9.2 Develop Presets in the Library > Application Support > Adobe > Camera Raw > Settings > User Presets folder. I don't understand how they are presented in the left panel in LR.

Presets that I downloaded from certain sources are in the User Presets folder. An example are the PhotoSerge presets I got from Serge Ramelli.  However, even tho they are in the User Presets folder, they show up in the LR left panel nested under "PhotoSerge" and not under User Presets.

Other presets that I downloaded show up in their own unique folders in both LR and Finder.

So what I am seeing is that the folder structure in Finder doesn't reflect the structure in the Present panel in LR. Look at the attached screenshots. The "AA Drama Gradient Filter.xmp appears in User Presets in Finder but it's not under User Presets in LR (it's actually in the PhotoSerge slot).

(only talking about .xmp presets here)

ThanksScreen Shot 2020-03-14 at 17.46.36.jpgScreen Shot 2020-03-14 at 17.47.08.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom-Classic Develop Presets as shown in the Preset panel do not mirror or show the same Grouping that you see in 'Settings' folders on the hard-drive.

The 'Groups'  (User Presets, PhotoSerge, etc) that appear in the panel is determined by information within the Develop.XMP preset file. So their location in the Presets panel is entirely dependant on the Group name in the .XMP.

Two links that help explain this major change to Develop presets (& Profiles) -

Video (at about the 2m.30s position) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYx899_tNP8

Article: https://lightroomkillertips.com/managing-develop-presets-7-3-update-classic/

If you want your Preset panel to match your Folder sturcture then John Ellis has provided a free plugin that can re-arrange the Preset Panel- Fix Presets Lightroom Plugin 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

great info!  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines