• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizing presets in LR

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to organize my presets - for example - abc presets and then the next set from a different source and so on....  Is there a way to do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LR UI lets you create "groups" where you can drag and drop the presets. While this will create "folders" on the screen, the files will not be in subfolders on the hard drive. (You can manually do that if desired.)

I have seen mention of a plug-in that will help with this process, but I have not tried it:

http://www.johnrellis.com/lightroom/fixpresets.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I saw that as well but was concerned it wouldn't work. I prefer to do it off of the hard drive, so I can manage them the way that works best for me. Don't really want a huge amount of folders but I do want to seperate them by the different places I get them. :(. I'll keep looking it shouldn't be this hard UGH. lol

Again thank you for your assistance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The plugin from John Ellis works very well. I have used it. (Many thanks to John!)

This is the feature in the plugin that you would run to make the Preset panel 'mirror' the folders on the hard-drive-

ScreenShot062.jpg

And you can then get something like this- ( I used numbered folders that sort numerically)

ScreenShot061.jpg        ScreenShot064.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines