• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Original File Cannot Be found

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I relocated my images to a different folder and didn't use Lightroom to do it. I know, my bad. Of course, now the images in my collections cannot find the original image. Some of my collections have several hundred images.

What is the easiest way to have the previews in the collections locate the original images in their new location without doing them one by one.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just moved the folder to a new location, all you have to do is tell Lightroom where the new folder is, by using the Find Missing Folder command, and all the photos in this folder(s) will be reconnected, as explained at the two links provided above.

I suggest that you get out of the habit of moving photos or folders from here to there. Put them in their desired final  location straight out of the camera, and then you will never run into these issues again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines