• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Original stand alone LR 6 to new computer

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I'm a novice.  I purchased LR 6 on 4/26/15 for $84.33 and have the serial number and original invoice.  I have had it installed on my PC which has gotten old and slow so much that I had quit trying to open LR on it or do any picture editing bc it would just crash so I bought a new laptop.  I figured out how to move my catalogs to the new laptop but I can't figure out how to get the original LR on the new laptop.  I don't need all of the cloud features and don't want to pay a monthly fee.  I downloaded what I thought was the stand alone version of LR to the laptop but everytime I try to open my catalog it wants to upgrade it and pops up info about monthly fees.  

Am I missing something?  How can I avoid this upgrade and just put LR 6 on my new laptop?  

Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

DJ & Bob,  Thanks for helping me.  I kept looking and found a version 5 purchased in 2013.  I entered that serial number and it is letting me install it.  Fingers crossed that it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you download? Where did you download it from?

You should be able to download Lightroom 6 from https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DJ, Maybe you know this, I'm a Mac guy so I do not know. But if he got a new computer that probably has a brand new copy of Windows, how likely is LR6 to work on it? And even it does work, it may not at the next update?

Just wondering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for helping me problem solve.  Same version of Windows is on both PC and laptop, Windows 10. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you dj  I did what you suggested and followed the link you included and clicked download.exe next to Photoshop Lightroom 6.  Downloaded and double clicked to extract the files.  Then I'm prompted by Adobe to enter a serial number which I do.  I got it from my account where I clicked order history and then Download.exe. 

I get a yellow box with the message that says "Serial number you provided is valid, but a qualifying product could not be found on this computer" below that is "To use this serial number, you must own one of these qualifying products. Please choose the one you own and enter it's qualifying serial number."  What is listed in my dropdown options is Lightroom 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5  I don't see 6 as an option even though under my account it clearly states that I purchased Photoshop Lightroom 6.  

Thank you for trying to help me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to provide a serial number for an earlier version of Lightroom (1,2,3,4 or 5) because you purchased Lightroom 6 via the upgrade price (which I think was $79.99 plus tax) and you did not purchase the full (non-upgrade) version (which I think was $149.99 plus tax). You will also need to provide somewhere in the process the Lightroom 6 serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DJ & Bob,  Thanks for helping me.  I kept looking and found a version 5 purchased in 2013.  I entered that serial number and it is letting me install it.  Fingers crossed that it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You apparently bought an UPGRADE to an earlier version when you bought Lr 6 instead of a NEW Lightroom.  You need the serial number for your previous version too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At one time I had photoshop elements but couldn't figure it out.  I do have that packaging with a serial number. I don't THINK I upgraded from that  because I paid $84.33 for LR on 4/26/15 but maybe that's what I did?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing as an upgrade from Photoshop Elements to Lightroom. The only upgrade available was from an earlier version of Lightroom to a later version of Lightroom.

But you still need to find the serial number from that earlier version of Lightroom. Your earlier serial numbers are also available at that web page account.adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dj, I actually found in my program files on the PC a folder that says Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1 created on 4/23/15 (three days before my purchase so maybe that was a trial) and a folder that just says Adope Lightroom dated 4/26/15 (the day I purchased LR). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines