• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Other Application open

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WhIen I try to open lightroom, the program tells me it cannot open because another application is open and I must close the other application first.  But, I don't have anything else open?  Any suggesstions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

In your catalog folder is a .lock file. Delete this and try again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your catalog folder is a .lock file. Delete this and try again. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the third or fourth time that this is happening to me. It had never happened until I updated LR at the end of 2020.

I am so sick of this persistent problem! The problem with deleting the catalog folder is that I lose ALL OF MY WORK! All edits that were done prior to this annoying problem disappear and I have to start over! We pay a lot of money to use LR, and when I called about it the last time it happened I spent three days speaking to multiple people before it was supposedly fixed. And now, here it is again! Adobe customer service is terrible and this issue makes it no longer worth trying to use this faulty app. As soon as I finish editing these images I am leaving Adobe for good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, let me get clear... you are getting the message that it can't be opened as another application ... ??

If so there is no need to delete the Catalog folder just the .lock file inside that folder.

It would be helpful if you posted screenshots and provided information such as your OS and Lightroom versions ..

we can help I bet just keep in mind we are just users like you but with a good deal of experience..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines