• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Oversaturated JPEGs

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On exporting a RAW image to a JPEG File I am finding that the colours are significantly saturated especially the reds.

I have to reduce the satuaration on the RAW file by 15-25 points to get the right tone for exporting to JPEG.

I have gone through the color management issues, monitor calibration, etc etc without much joy.

There were some posts on this issue way back to the time of LR3 without a definite solution.

Are anyone else having a similar problem? Whats the solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

From the menu: /file/open file/

navigate to your JPG.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us

- The type of your monitor, and the calibration device

- What you use to view at the pictures after the export

- You OS as well as the exact version of LR

- Your export settings (color space ...)

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Dell Ultrasharp Monitor 24"

Spyder 4 for color callibration

Windows 10 (64)

Lightroom CC Latest version (2015.12)

After exporting, I use Windows Photos or Photo Viewer.

Color Space sRGB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dell Ultrasharp 24" does not really define your monitor. Dell has some wide gamut types that - if properly calibrated - work perfect with color-manged apps like LR.

The downside of wide gamut monitors is that ONLY fully color-managed apps do show the images with the correct colors and saturation.

I'm not sure if Windows Photos and Photo Viewer are fully color-managed and do respect the display profile.

For testing purpose, please use Firefox (which is color-managed) to display the photo and tell us if it looks correct then.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows "Photos" is not color managed. It will display sRGB oversaturated on a wide gamut monitor. Always.

The old "Windows Photo Viewer" from Windows 7, however, is fully color managed and should display correctly with a good monitor profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helllo F McLion

Thanks for your response.

I am not sure ho to display the image in Firefox. Its only  web browser!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the menu: /file/open file/

navigate to your JPG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.. and make sure CCM is enabled in FF: http://ntown.at/de/2013/12/28/firefox-color-management/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to both of you. I think the new Photo App in Win 10 is the culprit !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines