Highlighted

Panorama inconsistent merging with errors

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I'm using Lightroom Classic 9.4 on Mac running Catalina 10.15.6.)

Over the last few weeks I have had inconsistent merge results creating panoramas. Maybe one in 10 has a fail. Here is an example (very repeatable):

Input images:Pano In Images.png

Then I go to the pano preview (this was set to spherical, but it fails the same in cylindrical):

Preview Pano Frame.png

It looks good! No color banding!

And the results is inconsistent (and compare to the result when I export as layers to Photoshop and merge):

Pano out Images.png

I have noticed that images with problems seem to have more fails when I'm doing other tasks at the same time while the pano processing is going on. Sometimes I can create a new pano without any problem a second time. 

Any ideas what's going on?

Jerry

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Panorama inconsistent merging with errors

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I'm using Lightroom Classic 9.4 on Mac running Catalina 10.15.6.)

Over the last few weeks I have had inconsistent merge results creating panoramas. Maybe one in 10 has a fail. Here is an example (very repeatable):

Input images:Pano In Images.png

Then I go to the pano preview (this was set to spherical, but it fails the same in cylindrical):

Preview Pano Frame.png

It looks good! No color banding!

And the results is inconsistent (and compare to the result when I export as layers to Photoshop and merge):

Pano out Images.png

I have noticed that images with problems seem to have more fails when I'm doing other tasks at the same time while the pano processing is going on. Sometimes I can create a new pano without any problem a second time. 

Any ideas what's going on?

Jerry

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 Please verify that before you Merge Pano, that you did absolutely no mods to the originals. (any Adobe default sharpening, not important to this)

LrC will ignore most of that during the merge, so typically just wasted extra effort. However...

mind you, that should be an old occasional glitch. Post v9.3 with the new RAW Develop settings, that is hopefully not the issue.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only import correction I use is for Remove Chromatic Aberration and Enable Profile Correction (I use a Canon Lens that REALLY needs the profile correction at wide angle). That being said, I turned them off and the merge seemed to work fine... Great catch. I'll keep trying on future fails, but a great start. Thank you! 

And to help from the next post, here is my system info:

Lightroom Classic version: 9.4 [ 202008061458-dbb2971e ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en-US
Operating system: Mac OS 10
Version: 10.15.6 [19G2021]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 3.1 GHz
SqLite Version: 3.30.1
Built-in memory: 16,384.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 16,384.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 2,681.8 MB (16.3%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 10,910.5 MB
Memory cache size: 204.2MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 12.4 [ 555 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 1385MB / 8191MB (16%)
Camera Raw real memory: 1406MB / 16384MB (8%)
Displays: 1) 7680x4320, 2) 3360x2100

Graphics Processor Info:
Metal: AMD Radeon Pro 560

Application folder: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: /Users/pierce/Pictures/•2020 Sierra High Route/• 2020 Sierra High Route.lrcat
Settings Folder: /Users/pierce/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Aperture/iPhoto Importer Plug-in
3) Facebook
4) Flickr
5) LR/Instagram
6) LR/Mogrify 2
7) Nikon Tether Plugin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Past that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

davidg36166309_0-1598476285424.png

davidg36166309_1-1598476285425.png

davidg36166309_2-1598476285426.png

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonder if LrC is having issues with the vignetting  in the corners of the frames.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3. All photos were the same exposure?

Strike that, unless way different, should still work, I have intentanaly opened up in foreground on multi row Panos with no issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you use Perspective along with boundary wrap, what happens?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On exposure - same speed/f on all, but two of them at ISO200, one ISO320. Not a big difference. BUT I turned the lens correction back on and set boundary warp to 100%, then turned OFF the lens correction and did it again: 

Boundry Warp 100%.png

I would say one image looks better (the one without the lens correction). But you may think differently 😉

Thanks AGAIN!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines