• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Black Screen in Lightroom Classic Develop Module on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to LR.  When I installed it and imported some images into LR I can see them in the Library module.  When I select an image in the Library module and hit D or go to the Develop module, all I get is a black (not blank) screen.

I'm sure I switched some setting somewhere, but I don't know which one.

I'm using Windows 10, 64 bit.

Lightroom moderator (or anyone else), please help.

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Turn off the graphics processor, force LR to use DirectX, and update your graphics driver directly from the manufacturer, as described in this article: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Hi all,

We're sorry for the black screen issue when going to the Develop Module. If you are seeing this issue with the latest version of Lightroom Classic then, you should check the minimum graphics card requirements for the latest Lightroom Classic app.

Here's the GPU FAQ: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html

If the installed graphics card doesn't meet the minimum system requirements then, turn it off from the Lightroom Classic preferences > Performance tab

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 103 Replies 103
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Put the Radeon RX590 card established the latest version of drivers, but I continue to receive the black screen - it is necessary to turn off graphic acceleration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve also downloaded the latest drivers today. Still black screen. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know where the graphics processor is. I am a new user. Please advise, as I am getting a black screen when I choose a photo in library and then go to develop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

currituckmaggie  wrote

I don't know where the graphics processor is. I am a new user. Please advise, as I am getting a black screen when I choose a photo in library and then go to develop.

This Discussion is a good 15 months old. Old discussions are less likely to get feedback from forum users.

Also, this Discussion has had so many users with the same problem, that it has gotten very muddled.

I recommend you start your own brand new discussion. Title it "Help LR Classic CC Black Screen in Develop"

In the body of your discussion, state your issue.

Also, to get a leg up, as several of the other members including me will ask for it, provide System Information. Accomplish this, click on  Help (in Lightroom), click on System Information, then Copy, and paste that in your discussion body.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were all "new users" at one stage.

The "Graphics Processor" option is a setting in the Lightroom Preferences dialog.

So with Lightroom running, press [Ctrl+,] or from the top menu- Edit > Preferences...  , then select the [Performance] tab to see the [Use Graphics Processor] option where you can click to remove the check/tick, as shown in the correct answer of this forum thread.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! I did what you said, and it worked. Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have gray developer screen issue ~ half year unsolved on my 2080ti, bravo, Adobe.

Solving trick - switch to libarary and back to Develope. Helping in my case.

Im asking support about this issue half years ago - waste about 1-2 hours with null effect.

By the true, graphics acceleration in LR steel seems useless gimmick with almost null real performance improvements. LR work slowly on high-end computers with or without GPU acceleration. Im not feel big difference on my i7-8700K@5gzz, 32GB RAM, 512 SSD Samsung 970pro - same slowly in both mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a graphics processor button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Nvidia 1660TI with latest drivers (441.66) and LR CC 9.1 with Camera Raw 12.1 and also have the issue with the gray screen in Develop mode. I did the following with no luck:

- disabled the graphics card in Preferences

- edited the Camera Raw GPU Config.txt and put in "OpenGL"  or "DirectX" or default "".

- tried both Studio and Game drivers from Nvidia

I have no other GPU in my system. AMD 3900X CPU.

Does anyone knows a trick I haven't found before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution finally in another post:

Sign in with my Adobe ID.

That did the trick.

Adobe is checking if you are logged in and for some reason I wasn't.

After logging in the Develop mode instantly worked.

It would have been easier if they could have put this hint in the gray Develop screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it did help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! It works:)
Thank you! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it didn't work for me 😞 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still can't open photos in develop mode, there is a grey screen when i open develop mode and if i select a picture i can see it on the navigator screen but not on the main screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! Turning off those options are fixing my bugs!

I hope they fix it in the next update, so I can turn it on again.

Cheers mate! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Awesome, thanks for the update. Which Lightroom version do you have installed? Also, have updated the Graphics Card drivers to the latest update? If not, please try that and let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry for the black screen issue when going to the Develop Module. If you are seeing this issue with the latest version of Lightroom Classic then, you should check the minimum graphics card requirements for the latest Lightroom Classic app.

Here's the GPU FAQ: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html

If the installed graphics card doesn't meet the minimum system requirements then, turn it off from the Lightroom Classic preferences > Performance tab > Relaunch Lightroom Classic. 

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yo aun tengo el mismo problema 😞 alguien encontro la solucion. 

PD: no quiero desactivar mi tarjeta de video por que LR queda muy lento 

-------------------

I still have the same problem 😞 someone found the solution.

PS: I don't want to disable my video card because LR is very slow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm jumping into this thread to also hopefully find an answer as I have tried everything imaginable and still have my screen randomly and frequently go black on me as well in Develop mode. Attached below are my LR system settings. My drivers are all updated and my graphics processor is turned off. I've tried different HDMI cables and also just recently got a new monitor (very nice Philips 4K) for my 2nd screen (working mainly off my Dell Laptop but with a 2nd screen). First screen did this as well. Is the graphics card in my laptop not good enough?!  What  else can I try with my system setup?!  I'm at a loss.

Cassi98A1_0-1629605301043.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buenas tardes,  mi duda es? porque cuando estoy editando en la parte en la parte edicion, se me pone la pantalla en negro, siendo asi que en el Preview se ve bien la foto. Ayuda!! Gracias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling GPU acceleration in Lr Preferences / Performance panel.

And, if you are on Windows, I suggest going to your video card manufacturer's website and make sure your video driver is up to date.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In lightroom, click on Help, then click on System Iformation, Then click on copy. Paste the info in your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I need help

When I try to develop an image, I cannot preview the photo on my screen because it is black.

I try to solve it and the solution I found is "Settings> Process version> Version 1 (I already have 5 versions and I dont know why, but if I select the first version you can see the photo)

Also I dont know how disable GPU acceleration because I cant find "Lr preferences / Performance panel".lr 3.pnglr 2.pnglr 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyboard Shortcut for Preferences is [Ctrl+, ] (English keyboard)

Screen-clip is for Windows:

ScreenShot261.jpg

Performance Tab-

ScreenShot263.jpg

"Versions" are the old Processing 'engine' from previous versions of Lightroom.

Changing Versions will limit the editing Tools available and set the interface to look like an earlier version of Lightroom. Keep on Version 5.

The Correct Answer is still applicable to you.

Try disabling GPU acceleration in Lr Preference performance panel. And go to your video card manufacturer's website and make sure your video driver is up to date. If there is a newer driver available, you can try turning the GPU back on after you install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tengo un problema y es que cada 10 minutos debo salir de lightroom porque de un momento a otro cuando estoy en el módulo de revelar la pantalla principal queda en negro,  desaparece la visualización de la fotografía que estoy trabajando aunque puedo verla en el navegador al lado, si salgo de ahi y voy al módulo de biblioteca puedo verla en la pantalla principal, la única forma solucionar es salir del programa y volver a entrar, qué puede estar pasando?  qué solución hay?

gracias si pueden darme una mano, tengo windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines