Highlighted

Password entry after each LR crash and/or lockup?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest version of LR seems to crash/lockup at least once per day & write a lock file I have to manually delete to get my catalog to load, it has started requiring me to manually enter my Adobe ID / password (14 chars BTW) after each crash. It is growing more cumbersome every single day. Is there any way to stop getting treated like I'm trying to break into something that isn't mine while I sit at my own desk, in my own office, doing my own work?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Password entry after each LR crash and/or lockup?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest version of LR seems to crash/lockup at least once per day & write a lock file I have to manually delete to get my catalog to load, it has started requiring me to manually enter my Adobe ID / password (14 chars BTW) after each crash. It is growing more cumbersome every single day. Is there any way to stop getting treated like I'm trying to break into something that isn't mine while I sit at my own desk, in my own office, doing my own work?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide some additional info, see the community guidelines in the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 9.23.11 AM copy.png

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS 11.0: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0.1,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple Fact is you have a Computer Hardware Problem. Something in your computer is starting to fail or getting hot and causing LrC 9.3 to crash.

First thing to do is check in the LrC preference that the option to use the GPU is turned Off. It is found on the Performance Tab.

Then check your system to see if the fan are all working and that is it not loaded with dust.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there any way to stop getting treated like I'm trying to break into something that isn't mine while I sit at my own desk, in my own office, doing my own work?"

Yes, there is. Change your attitude. Your computer is telling you that something somewhere is wrong. Find the underlying cause and fix it.

The possible causes are: a bad/corrupted/out-of-date video driver, a bad Lightroom Preference file (replace it), a hardware issue, etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0