• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasting settings on a large number of photos has slowed down (again)

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is an issue that was solved recently, it's back now (just like my other post about not being able to import videos in LrC).

When copy and pasting settings from one photo to a large series of photos, as you tend to do quite a bit if you're a timelapse photographer, Lightroom Classic grinds to a halt.

What used to take literal seconds now takes minutes, rendering the software useless in the mean time.

Same goes for the "Sync settings" method, it takes minutes as opposed to seconds.

I'm on a brand new macbook pro with Catalina 10.15.5 and LrC 9.3.

Please fix this.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I remember that bug. I just did a quickie test on my LR 9.3 / Macbook Pro / Mac OS 10l.15.5, and it took about 11 seconds to Sync a change to exposure to 1168 photos.

I recommend you post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

They won't see your post here.

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not to follow the links.

I recommend that you include: how many photos you're syncing, the file types (raw, JPEG, DNG, etc.) and pixel sizes of those photos, the camera model, and which settings you're syncing. A screenshot of the Sync dialog would help, and a full-resolution screen recording even better. (You'll have to upload the screen recording to Youtube, Dropbox, or similar and include the sharing link.)

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines