• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PC Freeze/Unresponsive After Exiting Lightroom Classic, Illustrator, and Photoshop.

New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have had a frustrating problem recently. 

Only since the past week or so whenever I use Lightroom (Classic or cloud), Photoshop, and Illustrator, and then exit the application to do something else (i.e. gaming, internet, whatever) my computer will freeze up and other programs I try to run don't/are unresponsive. 

I even try to shut down or restart using Window's functions in the start menu, but the only way to be able to use my PC again is to do a hard shut down by holding the physical power button on the case. 

I have turned of GPU acceleration from Lightroom and every time my GPU fans spin up upon starting and using the program. My GPU drivers are up to date, as well as, my Windows drivers and everyhing. 

I can use the programs just fine and my games and everything else works fine, too. But, once I exit the program, that's when everything seizes up and I have to resort to the hard restart.

My hardware specs are:

MSI X570 Creation MoBo

AMD Ryzen 3900X

MSI RTX 2070 Super

64GB RAM

1TB Rocket On-Board SSD

1 TB mechanical drive

500 GB Samsung SSD

I contacted supporet and there is a case in effect that has been escalated to a senior person to help. But I  figure I post here to see if anyone has had a similar experience, or knows some things I can do to fix this. 

I have tried older version installs, resetting the preferences, turning off GPU use, clean uninstall of entire suite app, driver rollbacks, pretty much everything I have found so far to no avail. 

I appreciate anyone who can help! Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

***Title should be "Exiting" not existing, my apolgies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are running Windows 10, I'd recommend opening Task Manager to see what is using resources that are causing the slow down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!

I have done that and every time there isn't anything hogging resources. GPU load is under 5% and CPU load is about the same. 

Adobe software by default has a ton of processes running in the background anyway, but that was never an issue.

I actually installed a version of Lightroom from last year and it's been stable at this time, but could change.

I haven't tried Illustrator or any other programs besides XD (which has always worked) as I'm tired of constantly having to hard reset the PC once I exit any of those programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the other resources like Memory, Disk and Network. 

I only use LrC so can't comment on the other combinations. I've also disabled a couple of the Creative Cloud processes from starting up when I boot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I'll monitor that part and see if there is anything that correlates before, during, and after the program exiting. 

I appreciate the suggestions and I'll try looking into disabling some processes upon boot-up too.

Will update accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines