• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

People Tab Crashes Lightroom 6

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still using Lightroom  Version 6.14, but any time my people tab is opened then the program crashes. I'm reset my preferences and didn't work. I created a new catolog but it won't detect faces at all. I've uninstall and reinstalled. 

Please any help would be great and I know it isn't great for facial detection, I do not want to manually tag peole to find them over years of pictures.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind that you are using software that is four major versions old.

Mac or Windows? Which version of the OS?

What are the hardware specs of your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  It worked fine two weeks ago.  Now it crashes as soon as I hit the "O" button or go to people by way of the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine crashes also, with version 6.8 of lightroom.  It worked fine two weeks ago.  Now it crashes as soon as I hit the "O" button or go to people by way of the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the information requested above by ManiacJoe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of people are reporting that face recognition crashes LR 6.  See this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-v610-crashes-in-the...

There is some evidence that LR 6's license for the third-party face-recognition technology may have expired.  (And if it has, it's very unlikely Adobe will patch LR 6.)

Please add your details to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. Also, please continue all discussion there, so anything new is shared immediately with all concerned (including Adobe).  Continuing the discussion in this thread will just ensure that it remains scattered and unfocused.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem: worked in Dec but now crashes when I enter People. 

I have the additional problem that I now cannot use my catalog.  LR comes up in People by default because that's where it was when it originally crashed.  Then it crashes before I can navigate to a different view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"LR comes up in People by default because that's where it was when it originally crashed.  Then it crashes before I can navigate to a different view."

Reset LR's preferences:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Then it should come up in the default Library view.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the following workaround on reddit, by using a hex editor:

Open: libfrsdk-8.6.0.dll in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\CIT\Plug-ins\FaceRecognition

Do a hex search for 0F864802 (there should only be one hit), and replace it with 0F874802

Sees to be for the windows version. Maybe it can help others? Be sure to make proper backups first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines