People Tab Crashes Lightroom 6

Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still using Lightroom  Version 6.14, but any time my people tab is opened then the program crashes. I'm reset my preferences and didn't work. I created a new catolog but it won't detect faces at all. I've uninstall and reinstalled. 

Please any help would be great and I know it isn't great for facial detection, I do not want to manually tag peole to find them over years of pictures.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

People Tab Crashes Lightroom 6

Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still using Lightroom  Version 6.14, but any time my people tab is opened then the program crashes. I'm reset my preferences and didn't work. I created a new catolog but it won't detect faces at all. I've uninstall and reinstalled. 

Please any help would be great and I know it isn't great for facial detection, I do not want to manually tag peole to find them over years of pictures.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 11, 2020 0
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind that you are using software that is four major versions old.

Mac or Windows? Which version of the OS?

What are the hardware specs of your computer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  It worked fine two weeks ago.  Now it crashes as soon as I hit the "O" button or go to people by way of the menu.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2020 0
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine crashes also, with version 6.8 of lightroom.  It worked fine two weeks ago.  Now it crashes as soon as I hit the "O" button or go to people by way of the menu.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2020 0
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the information requested above by ManiacJoe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2020 0
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of people are reporting that face recognition crashes LR 6.  See this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-v610-crashes-in-the...

There is some evidence that LR 6's license for the third-party face-recognition technology may have expired.  (And if it has, it's very unlikely Adobe will patch LR 6.)

Please add your details to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. Also, please continue all discussion there, so anything new is shared immediately with all concerned (including Adobe).  Continuing the discussion in this thread will just ensure that it remains scattered and unfocused.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2020 0