Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance Problem - Zoom In Picture and Motion -> jerking

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I used to have an iMac 27 from 2011. There I used LL without jerks until October 2020. Since I bought a Mac mini 2020, it jerks in zoomed images. But only when I swipe with the Magic Mouse in the image. I bought an eGPU with the Mac Mini 2 months ago. Unfortunately, this jerking is not gone. The hardware acceleration should be configured correctly.

Anyone have any ideas?

image.png

 

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-19 um 19.19.35.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure this pretty frustrating for you as you would expect and hope that a new system would be issue free!

Can you post your Lightroom version thanks?

Have you checked with Adobe if your hardware, OS and Lightroom version are compatible together?

Could you outline your image storage strategy for us? Are you using external devices?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony_See, 

thanks for your replay!

Can you post your Lightroom version thanks?

No problem, 10.1.1 (the same problem was with older version)

Have you checked with Adobe if your hardware, OS and Lightroom version are compatible together?

Yes, i write with the Support via Chat. The Adobe Supporter means my hardware was compatible. 

Could you outline your image storage strategy for us?

The images are imported from a Canon 6D camera via SD card. This is done via LR to a network drive (NAS). I already use this system with the iMac 2011 and a 1:1 preview is created for the development of the images.

Are you using external devices?

The LR catalog is stored locally. But the images are stored on a NAS. I also have an eGPU connected.

Thanks

Christian 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Christian: I'm trying to get a feeling of what you mean by "jerking" in zoomed images?

In which Module is that happening? How serious is this unwanted characteristic?

In regard of the eGPU would it be fair to say its a gaming machine hardware add-on? But you say Adobe Support have confirmed this as a compatible system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines