• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permission errors

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic not working due to permission errors. I recently purchased a new MacBookPro. I downloaded and launched Ps, Il, Id, and, Br with no problems. However I am having problems launching Lr. I first get "Lightroom encountered user perission issues." Followed by "An internal error has occured. Cannot create the required folder: /User/carlos/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Keyword Sets." Then "An error occurred when attempting to change modules." I have install all my other applications with no problems.

I have removed Lr using the removal app several times and relaunch my laptop each time with no success.  Please help. Thank you.

Carlos

macOS Catalina v 10.15.4

MacBook Pro 16-inch 2019

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have write permission to the folder stated?

Photoshop, Bridge, etc. are irrelevant here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj,

I can't seem to get to the "Keyword Sets" folder. The path ends at /Lightroom/Modules/XRITE Checker....Irplugin". I am also using Go>Go to Folder with no success. 

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved. So it seems that the Lr removal program leaves the Lightroom Folder in place. I removed the folder and reinstall, again. Restarted, again. And reinstalled, again. And Voilà. It's all good. dj thank you for taking time to help me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the following from the Apple menu, System preferences > Security & Privacy ensure all the boxes are selected. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 5.49.18 AM.png 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well my permissions problem has returned. Here is my Security & Privacy screen shot. How do I allow the other items to be also available? I noticed that several other apps have Docments Folder and Desktop Folder also checked.Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 5.24.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The missing boxes are added as the application attemts  to use the drives/resources in question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if you store photos or the catalog in the MACOS folder Photos, scroll up to Photos and add Lightroom Classic.

And do not forget Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as Carlos. When I launch LR I get the same errors. In my privacy all I see under LR is Documents folder. This is my first Mac so please be patient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

arlos solved this by removing the Lightroom folder from his user account's Library folder and having Lightroom recreate it. It is probably a simple permissions issue on that folder. So what you do is in Finder hit command-shift-G. In the dialog that pops up paste "~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/" (without the quotes) and find the folder called Lightroom. Do a get info (command-I) on that folder and make sure it says that you have read and write access to it. Click the padlock and authenticate and enable read and write to your user if it wasn't already. Then click the little gear below the permissions box and select "Apply to enclosed items".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I fixed it. I finnally found the Lightroom folder amd saw that my user was not listed in permissions. I added my user into the list and gave read/write. This seemed to fix to fix things. I will experiment and make sure. Thanks for the quick reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines