Highlighted

Photo export to external hard drive not my internal hardrive

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wanting my lightroom library to automatically save to my external hard drive instead of my computer's hard drive. The RAW files are too large and so I am constantly having to move them over to the external drive. Is there a way to have them automatically save to the external hard drive when I bring them into Lightroom? Thank you!

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photo export to external hard drive not my internal hardrive

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wanting my lightroom library to automatically save to my external hard drive instead of my computer's hard drive. The RAW files are too large and so I am constantly having to move them over to the external drive. Is there a way to have them automatically save to the external hard drive when I bring them into Lightroom? Thank you!

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Import Dialog, there is a Destination section, which is sticky. Set this to the external drive and it will stay there.

That is, until you try to import with the drive disconnected, where it will revert to the internal drive. As it's sticky, it won't swap back when you reconnect the drive. Essentially make sure to leave the external connected when importing. Good luck! 

Sean McCormack http://seanmccormack.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking about photo Import or Photo Export?

Actually with either there are User Options that you are somehow overlooking because with both you can Save (Copy or Place) your imports or exports to any drive connected to your system.

You need to Review all the options in both dialog boxes before you Click either the Import or Export buttons.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0