• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Mechanic Crops Not Coming into LrC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like crops performed in Photo Mechanic are not showing up in Lightroom versions 10.2 or 10.3. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Looks like the latest version of LrC has corrected the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add more detail. These are edits performed in Photo Mechanic after importing into LrC. If you use the read metadata from file, only star rating changes are updated, not the updated crops performed in Photo Mechanic. Camera Bits confirmed the issues and believe it is an Adobe problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked over at feedback.photoghop.com where the engineers get problem reports.  I didn't see any post about this issue. You may want to post it there where the engineers will see it.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I am aware LrC will apply crops done in Photo Mechanic prior to import into LrC. Crops done afterwards will not! Just my opinion.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have actually used PM before and after LrC import for years. I had several interactions with the makers of PM and they confirmed they were able to reproduce the issue with the latest versions of LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like the latest version of LrC has corrected the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload one of the files that have been cropped in Photo Mechanic to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here. If it's a raw file, also upload the .xmp sidecar and include its sharing link.  That will let us narrow down the problem and likely provide a solution or workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines