• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo not returning to LR from Photoshop

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied my photo library to a new external hard drive.  Everything is there.  Now, however, when I edit a photo in Photoshop and then Close and click "Save" to return it to Lightroom it appears in my giant "All Photographs" section on the left side, but not in the folder with the original.  I have looked at case sensitive issues and both appear identical.  However, when I right click on the tif in the All Photographs section it shows that it has been saved to a different folder with 1 photo in it (my edited tif).  The folder that seems to have been created is identical in name to the original folder in my catalog.  Any ideas what is going on in this catalog?  If I return to using my origial catalog on the old external, everything works as it should.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does sound like the infamous capitalisation error. You say that you checked the capitalisation, but you cannot always see it. It will not show in the Macintosh Finder or Windows Explorer, and it might not show in Lightroom because the problem may be in a parent folder that isn't shown in the hierarchy.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that you have not set the preferences for editing in Photoshop to stack with originsl.

Ahh, I should read twice before answering poorly

However, when I right click on the tif in the All Photographs section it shows that it has been saved to a different folder with 1 photo in it (my edited tif).  The folder that seems to have been created is identical in name to the original folder in my catalog.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That has nothing to do with where the image is physically saved. A stack only exists in the catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines