• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo previews not appearing

Enthusiast ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created a new catalog for the new year. Imported all my Facourites from my external drive, into this new catalog. The issue is many of the photos show solid grey. If I click on one of them, the histogram says calculating andit will eventually appear. The issue is this takes anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes, for the image to come up.And I have to do eacj image on it's own.

LR Images not appearing.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

That's a bit odd. You can force it by selecting all images, and then choosing menu 'Library - Previews - Build Standard-sized Previews'.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The three white dots mean that Lightroom is still busy building those previews. But why create a new catalog for the new year? That makes zero sense.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because my previous catalogue contains 544,000 images and Lightroom was becomg sluggish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With these three dots appearing, are you suggesting I just wait and it will complete eventually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it should complete automatically.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has not. Instead I have to click on each image that is grey and/or three dots. After a few minutes, the image appears and I can go onto the next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a bit odd. You can force it by selecting all images, and then choosing menu 'Library - Previews - Build Standard-sized Previews'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines