Highlighted

Photo quantity.

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 30,000 photos filed in my LR 5.7 catalogue. I am now losing data and suspect the catalogue is corrupt. What is the upper limit on number of photos and keywords LR5 can handle. I have two smaller catalogues which are working fine. I could upgrade to another version but still wondered about the number of photos LR can handle. Thank you

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photo quantity.

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 30,000 photos filed in my LR 5.7 catalogue. I am now losing data and suspect the catalogue is corrupt. What is the upper limit on number of photos and keywords LR5 can handle. I have two smaller catalogues which are working fine. I could upgrade to another version but still wondered about the number of photos LR can handle. Thank you

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Six Million and beyond? -

https://lightroomkillertips.com/many-images-can-one-lightroom-catalog-still-perform-well/

http://lightroomsolutions.com/articles/one-or-many-lightroom-catalogues/

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.3, Lightroom 3.3, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "losing data"? 

30K isn't considered a very large catalog of images by a long shot so it's not that number. 

Can you be more specific as to what exactly is the problem? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had posted previously what was happening so didn’t explain it again but thank you for asking. My main catalogue has 11,000 photos missing from what was in it last week. All photos from 2017 onwards are missing. I tried re importing but their keywords didn’t import. The back up catalogue has all the photos in it but only a limited number of keywords. Keywords for people are there but not the Places. It would be great if I could combine the main catalogue with its back up then I would have all the data. The catalogue was fine last week. This just suddenly happened.

Sent from my iPhone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the OLD catalog has the keywords? 

You can select 1 image there, then use the Export as Catalog Command. 

In the other catalog (where I assume you did import the 'missing' images?), use the Import as Catalog command.

That should if all works out, import back the keywords. I'm not certain if the 'missing' but now found images will re-sync the keywords but you should have them back in that catalog. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the hard drive for errors. Make sure it is not failing.

If your catalog and your photos are on seperate hard drives, check both.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.3, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines