Highlighted

Photography plan 20GB trial version

Participant ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I downloaded the 20Gb photography plan in trial version.
I Have the following problems:
1- I have downloaded the plan but I only downloaded Lightroom and Cloud but not Photoshop and Camera Raw! If I try to edit a photo in Photoshop it tells me it can't find it! What did I do wrong?
2- While uploading photos to a folder, he gave me an error telling me that LR needs 90 GB of free space! The program is on 250GB SSD HDD with 100GB free and the photos are on 500GB SATA HDD ....
Help me because I just wanted to evaluate the trial version to avoid problems with the paid version
Thanks, bye

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photography plan 20GB trial version

Participant ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I downloaded the 20Gb photography plan in trial version.
I Have the following problems:
1- I have downloaded the plan but I only downloaded Lightroom and Cloud but not Photoshop and Camera Raw! If I try to edit a photo in Photoshop it tells me it can't find it! What did I do wrong?
2- While uploading photos to a folder, he gave me an error telling me that LR needs 90 GB of free space! The program is on 250GB SSD HDD with 100GB free and the photos are on 500GB SATA HDD ....
Help me because I just wanted to evaluate the trial version to avoid problems with the paid version
Thanks, bye

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. If you didn't download Photoshop, then you can't use it. You have to download it and install it.
  2. Explain what you mean by "uploading photos to a folder". What step in Lightroom is this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your second question is probanbly you are Importing photos into the LrC catalog and IF the images/photos you want to import are already stored on your hard drive and you have selected COPY (which is the default option in the import dialog window) LrC will Copy those images to the folder selected in the Destination section of the import dialog window. And the Default Copy location is in your Username\Pictures folder, in a sub/sub folder called Lightroom something something.

You need to Select Add and not Copy. 

That way the images will remain in the same place as you placed them and are just ADDED to the LrC Catalog file which is just a Database file that holds Records, References, to where your images are stored and whatever edits you do to tham in LrC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all thanks for replying!
1- When I downloaded the photography plan, I thought it would download the whole plan, that is all the programs ... and instead I only downloaded Lightroom... and Photoshop and CC I had to download them from the Cloud.
2- I opened Lightroom CC and clicked on add photos selecting a folder where there were some photos and I got the error message that today has not repeated. So for the moment I would say that everything is ok.
- I wanted to ask one more thing ...

1- a window opened to me while I wanted to open a photo with Photoshop (from Lightroom) which provided me with 3 different color profile management options: use the built-in one (ProPhoto), convert the color space into the one work, eliminate the embedded color space. Built-in color space was ProPhoto, the working one was that of the sRGB monitor .... I wanted to know why ProFoto sees me as an embedded profile if I set up sRGB on reflex and monitor? Which of the two is better to use? Any information on this will be most welcome!
2- Last thing ... he asked me what I wanted to do with the Elements catalog, and I imported it ... I hope I have not done wrong ... It is possible to change the settings to be able to open and save photos in Lightroo, Photoshop and ACR not on the hard disk where the program is, on another HDD?
Thank you all for your patience, I'm a neophyte.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These programs allow you to use photos on any disk. Photoshop allows you to save photos to any disk you want. Lightroom Classic does not specifically do a "save" of a photo, but you can export it to any disk you want.

None of these programs are limited to using the disk they are installed on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
maury71 LATEST
Participant ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines