• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photography Plan on 2 Computers

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lr 6.14 on a 27 inch iMac and a Macbook Pro.  However, the 2 computers are not synchronized and the Lr data is different on each.  Does the Photography Plan that supposedly includes use of Lr on two computers require that Lr data on these computers be identical? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC is designed as a single-user, single-computer program, especially version 6.x.

The easiest (not prettiest) way to work between multiple computers is to put your images and the LR catalog on an external drive and move the drive from computer to computer as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your thoughtful response.  I do recognize your answer as a possible way to address my problem.

My concern, however, is with the subscription program which would allow me to upgrade to Lr 9+.  Am I correct in assuming that subscribing to the Photography program (20GB) would allow me to upgrade version 6.14 which I have on 2 computers to the current 9.x.  As I mentioned earlier, these two computers do not have identical Lr data.  I would like to upgrade my computers from Mojave to Catalina after subscribing to the Photography Plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the advice given by ManiacJoe is accurate and relavent, the simple answer to your question is yes.

However one of the features of Lightroom Classic the feature that allows you to sync Collections from LrC to your Creative Cloud account. Smart Previews will be uploaded and are available to your mobile devices that are signed in to your Creative Cloud a/c.

Only one Catalog can be synced to the Cloud. You will not be able to sync from LrC to LrC.

A good read as you prepare to proceed.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-lightroom-classic-since-version-6/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Denis, for addressing my question in greater detail.  I have been following Victoria Bampton's very helpful posts for some time.  This discussion in the Adobe Support Community has also been very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines