• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos disappear into Smart Collection

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I create a Smart Collection - resize a photo from it - it disappears from the screen. I then have to go back to the library view, click on the photo again and continue editing it. That was the case in the last version and it is the same in the latest one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

I was waiting for the new Lightroom update - but the problem is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have some criteria (rules for inclusion) set for your Smart Collection. One of these is that only photos with a resolution (number of visible pixels) over 4 000 000, should be displayed.

If you then crop (I assume this was what you meant by "resize") a photo so that it has got under 4Mp visible, that photo will naturally disappear from this Smart Collection. It is meant to do so: Lightroom Classic is correctly applying the criteria for the Smart Collection. If you don't want such a photo to disappear in this case, you will need to change the criteria for the Smart Collection.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Richard, but the photos also disappear when I crop just a tiny area. The photo is then still much bigger than 10 mp. The cropped photo does not disappear from the Smart Collection - it only disappears from the "Edit" area. When I go back to the library it is there again and can be edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have a smart Collection selected and it is showing you images. you then select one of them and Edit it, once you do ANY EDITS to it it is removed from that smart Collection. Is that correct?

What Criteria is Specified in that smart Collection? I bet it is something like " Has NO Edits". Once you do any edits to any image it is then Removed from that smart collection becuase it now has edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any view filters currently active? Is the image still visible in the Filmstrip?

(I am not sure what you mean by 'the "Edit" area')

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have switched Lightroom to the english language - it is the Develop section (aerea)Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-25 um 01.03.05.png. There are no filters selected in the library view. The photos are all in the filmstrip. After trying to crop the photo, the error message appears and the photo is no longer selected in the film strip.

I select a photo for cropping - and that's gone from the develop view - I have to switch back to the library module - the second time I edit it everything is fine again. This is of course very complicated.

I would be happy if I can answer to further suggestions tomorrow, I have to go to bed 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
Since you Can't Edit your original post to remove the Attached screen shot Please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation by clicking the Blue Reply button under your original post and use the Insert Photos icon in the tool bar.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.

2020-10-06 16_53_14-2020-10-06 - Adobe Support Community_Updated.png
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on Which Smart Collection you are in Whatever Edits you are doing could Remove it from that smart Collection.

Smart Collection are just permenet Filters. If the a image does not meet those specified criteria, Does not Match the Filtering options, it will not show up in that smart collection and or Be removed from it once something has changed in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your hint. I will have your answers translated with the help of a program.
The photos are still in the Smart Collection - but as soon as I crop them the hint appears - no photo selected.
I add a screenshot of the german error message.
Thanks for your help - Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-21 um 13.33.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are saying the image Disappear and gets placed into a Smart Collection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - the image is in a Smart Collection, it remains in the Smart Collection. But it disappears from the screen in the edit view and I have to go back to the library view.
I attach a photo of the Smart Collection settings.Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-21 um 13.32.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was waiting for the new Lightroom update - but the problem is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines