Photos Disappeared and Reappeared

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT about missing photos.  All photos dated after March 31, 2020 disappeared from their catalog. It was not a case of the preview being there and the high res image file being missing.  The catalog could not find any photos after March 31.  Searching on the hard drive in the right place did show the high resolution photos were within the catalog's file structure.

The next time I opened Lightroom, lo and behold the photos were there.  Any thoughts?  My catalog now has 40,000 photos.  Do I need to split the catalog to have a smaller size?  Thanks.

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow you (accidentally) opened an old catalog file.

No need to split your catalog, that's a worthless activity.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly how many catalogs do you have?

Best practive is to use ONE catalog that has ALL your images in it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreeing with dj_paige regarding one Catalog, but use the Keywording and Collections and other tagging methods to organise your database of images (ie: your catalog.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines