Highlighted

Photos doesn't show in lightroom filters after photoshop modification

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a weird problem and probably the answer is simple. When a do a modification on a photo with photoshop, the photo doesn't appears in lightroom if I have a filter. When I remove the filter, I can see it, but with a filter with tags, it doesn't show!  On this print screen, you can cleary see that I have 621 photos if the first metadata category, on the second stage, I do lost the last 2 photos (onlt 619) that I have edited in photoshop. All my personnal tags ore on all photos.  Thank you all for your help

Capture d’écran, le 2020-09-17 à 07.20.03.png 

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photos doesn't show in lightroom filters after photoshop modification

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a weird problem and probably the answer is simple. When a do a modification on a photo with photoshop, the photo doesn't appears in lightroom if I have a filter. When I remove the filter, I can see it, but with a filter with tags, it doesn't show!  On this print screen, you can cleary see that I have 621 photos if the first metadata category, on the second stage, I do lost the last 2 photos (onlt 619) that I have edited in photoshop. All my personnal tags ore on all photos.  Thank you all for your help

Capture d’écran, le 2020-09-17 à 07.20.03.png 

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is indeed simple. The filter does not show images inside stacks, and an image that comes back from Photoshop is stacked with the original.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The filter does not show images inside stacks, and an image that comes back from Photoshop is stacked with the original."

I don't think that explains the symptoms. Normally, the edited version from Photoshop gets stacked on top of the stack and the stack is expanded, either one of which is sufficient to cause the edited version to appear when filtered.

Please post a full-resolution screenshot of the entire LR window before invoking Edit In. That could give more clues.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, my problem was resolved by itself. When I close Lightroom and come back afterwards, the problem is not there anymore. I tried a couple of time and I get the same resolt everytime. I'm not sure it was always like this?!? Thanks all.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 0