Exit

Photos from LR Mobile (Iphone&Pad) to Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have a question.

I want to buy an Ipad and when I'm syncing the Raws in Lightroom mobile, 

how I get the Raws in Lightroom Classic on my Macbook?

Do I have to create a folder in Lightroom Classic ?

Greetings from Austria

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That will certainly be possible. From the top left of the Lightroom Classic application turn on the sync option to activate syncing with your Creative Cloud a/c. This will enable you to sync smart previews from selected Collections in LR Classic to your Cloud storage.

When you have Lightroom Mobile app activated on the iPad you will be able to sync original image files, including raw files to your creative cloud storage.

The original files that you have uploaded from the iPad to storage will automatically be synced and downloaded to storage on the computer where you have the LR Classic application, these will go to a default location chosen by LR Classic. You also have the option to change the default location of your choice once the location can be accessed by LR Classic.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you mean by "Syncing the RAW file in LR mobile"? What RAW files?

Whatever file type you import into the Mobile, iOS and Android, version of LR those automatically get Uploaded to the Web system in their Full Size in both pixels and MBs.

And then if you turn on syncing in LR Classic on your computer those same files get downloaded to your computers hard drive and placed in the LR Catalog file.

But you can easily use up the allotted 20GBs of cloud storage space Adobe gives you by doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I take pictures with the camera in Lightroom on my iPhone, the pictures are automatically sent to Lightroom Classic on my desktop computer as well as added to my mobile collection on my iPhone. But be aware that it's easy to use up your Adobe cloud space doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 🙂

in which folder in Lightroom are they synced automatically ? Do I have to create an album in Classic? 

greetings 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something that you configure in the Lightroom Classic preferences under the Lightroom sync tab.

Annotation 2020-04-11 131753.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 🙂

Are the photos singly stored there or just generally the catalog of photos?

Must I create also a folder in Lightroom cc Mobile (Macbook) or only in Classic?

greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photos will actually be downloaded and stored in that location. You only need to create the folder on the computer being used with Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok Thank you 🙂

when I have my Ipad I will try it:)

greetings 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines