• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos keep moving to end of film strip after outside editing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I make edits from outside plugin like Photoshop or DxO, the images often move to the end of the filmstrip—though not always. How do I keep them in the original sequence?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Default,

You need to go into Library mode, then the have LR show the Grid. Then on the bottom you can sort by filename:

2020-10-24_13-05-15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually you should set the Sort: to Capture Time as No matter what you do to an image (Except change the actual Capture Time) the Capture Time (Date and Time) stay the same.

In any event it is a Sorting problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm,.. I know it is an old thread. But this is not a real solution to the problem (sorting by name/timestamp). 
If I create custom orders (which I do regularly on wedding projects) I can not simply switch back to sort by timestamp again. 
It would be really helpful if a newly created image (happens also with the new denoise-feature) would order itself next to the image with the same name. Otherwise I have to scroll back and forth  for 1000 images to put it in the right spot again.

This is not a good workflow imho 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would like an actual solution to this problem, as it is highly frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to an ancient thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same one you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better off posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information, including system information, a complete description of the problem, and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

If the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines