Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos Libraries Import to Lightroom?

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have been trying to find answers on this and have so far been out of luck.  I used Aperture 3 up until it was no longer supported last year.  Prior to investing into Photoshop & Lightroom, I migrated copies of my Aperture and Photos libraries to an external HD with a backup copy on my AirPort.  The libraries show as two different photos libraries on my external HD and they show the correct file sizes for what I copied over.  When I attempt to use Aperture or iPhoto plug-in in LRC, it says that those libraries are not the correct type for the plug in.  Any advice on how to pull these photos into LRC?

I am using LRC Release 10.0 and am running MacOS v. 10.15.6.  I appreciate any help or advice, I'm relatively new to LRC and Photoshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you open the Aperture library with Aperture itself?

The LR plugin can only convert iPhoto libraries, not Photos libraries.

The Aperture/Iphoto Importer Plugin is quite buggy.  A couple of alternatives to consider:

- Manual migration:

http://lightroomsolutions.com/articles/migrating-from-aperture-to-lightroom-where-do-i-begin/

- The Avalanche app. It's pricey but a number of people have reported good results migrating very large libraries.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines