Highlighted

Photos missing from Lightroom (Branched from 4 year old thread)

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wasn;t able to connect to a handful of photois when the dreaded Can;t Find the File message appeared. When I hit the locate button to the original source, the select button was greyed out. When I opened the folder on the external hard drive (the original source), the folder was empty. Can I assume that I somewhow deleted the folder and the photios are gone (except foe the thumbnails in Lightroom).

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photos missing from Lightroom (Branched from 4 year old thread)

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wasn;t able to connect to a handful of photois when the dreaded Can;t Find the File message appeared. When I hit the locate button to the original source, the select button was greyed out. When I opened the folder on the external hard drive (the original source), the folder was empty. Can I assume that I somewhow deleted the folder and the photios are gone (except foe the thumbnails in Lightroom).

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to start youer own Conversation. You have posted your question, which more than likely is different than the original post of this conversation, in a thread that is 4 years old.

No worry I will branch it and change the title slightly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks. I did fix the issue by reimporting the handful of photos that were missing, but I’m still interested in an answer.

Mark R. Singer
19-11 Angelo Terrace
Fair Lawn, NJ 07410
(201) 794-9569
-

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer your question in the last sentence of your post, Yes. That is if you do not have complete backups of all your personal files.

Whether you actually deleted them or you might of moved them LrC is looking for them in the location they were in when you imported them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0