• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos not appearing in folders on Mac after exporting through Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

I am an experienced Lightroom Classic user on Mac, but for the past several months something strange has started happening. After editing my photos and exporting them (usually to low res and high res jpgs in new folders), often the whole newly created folder does not appear where it should be and the images are not visible. For example, selecting to export a batch of images to a new folder directly on the desktop, the task will be completed but no folder will appear on the desktop.

The problem is not accidentally exporting to a different folder. The folder or images simply do not appear.

When searching for the image or folder name in Finder, it finds it, and shows the correct image in the correct folder where its meant to be (inside the Finder search window). But only sometimes does clicking on the image/folder in Finder make it appear where only moments ago it was invisible. If I try to re-export the same images to the same folder, despite not showing up, the programme will tell me the images are already there.

This problem is pretty much always fixed by a computer restart. The folder and images will suddenly appear where they were meant to be. However this is annoying to be happening most of the time and constantly rebooting the computer disrupts my workflow. Can it be my computer running low on juice? I am working on a a late 2015, 27" iMac with 24gb memory and there is still nearly 500gb of storage available.

Thanks for any help!

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the issue you are facing with exporting the images. This is certainly a strange one.

Would you mind sharing the version of Lightroom you are using along with the macOS version? Do you get a prompt stating that the images already exist and if you wish to overwrite the images if you try to export the images/folders again? If yes, then it would indicate that Lightroom has completed the export but finder is not populating the folders in real time.

You can try to create a new user account on your Mac to test if you see a similar behavior in that as well. You can check the steps here: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/set-up-other-users-on-your-mac-mtusr001/mac

You can also try a different application to check if you observe a similar behavior while exporting images through it.

Regards,

Nikunj 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this folder on the boot drive or another drive?  Getting at us it on the same physical drive as the MACOS?

This might be a Catalina thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should have asked, what MACOS?

version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My iMac is doing the same thing you described! I am using Lightroom classic 5 and this just started happening! Did you by chance ever figure it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Somewhat old post. You should really post your own, a few will notice it this way.

When you do, include your sys info as LR reports it. /Help/System Info/Copy. Include all info from first line to just past plugin info, ignore info after plugin info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines