• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos seem to have reverted to earlier unedited version

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been editing a large collection of photos for the last month in Lightroom Classic.  Today, when I opened Lightroom Classic, I discovered that all of the 4,000+ photos have reverted to earlier versions.  The history for each photo now says "From LR mobile" as the most recent entry.  I have never even used LR mobile.  I also have been getting syncing messages lately, which may be related.  Any thoughts as to what is happening and how I can revert back to my current edits and ranking without having to manually go back through all of the photos.  If it is relevant, I am running Lightroom Classic on MacOS High Sierra.  Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like you had saved a copy (Back Up) of your Catalog and when you re-entered your catalog you inadvertently opened the previous Back up catalog, not your primary Catalog. What you need to do is to find the name of your catalog and then do a search for that name. If you find two, Bingo.

I suggest you give your primary one a new name AND set your LRC to ask "which Catalog do you want to open" as a default.

Let us know,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like you have somehow accidentally turned on LR Mobile. I would definitely recommend you turn off Lightroom Mobile.

I would find a recent backup of your catalog before all of this happened, and restore that backup, you will get your edits back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines