Highlighted

Photos synced on lightroom mobile, opened on lightroom classic and edited in PS 2020, won't save

Explorer ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm currently on this flow

Took photos on cellphone > used lightroom mobile to edit > synced to Macbook > opened it up in lightroom classic on MAC > edit original in photoshop 2020 > after editing in PS I can't get it to save and updated in lightroom

I can only save it as its own NEW psd and it's disconnected from Lightroom, the changes don't override the original

Topics

How to, Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photos synced on lightroom mobile, opened on lightroom classic and edited in PS 2020, won't save

Explorer ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm currently on this flow

Took photos on cellphone > used lightroom mobile to edit > synced to Macbook > opened it up in lightroom classic on MAC > edit original in photoshop 2020 > after editing in PS I can't get it to save and updated in lightroom

I can only save it as its own NEW psd and it's disconnected from Lightroom, the changes don't override the original

Topics

How to, Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When saving in Photoshop, are you using Save or Save As? You need to use the Save command only in order for it to return to Lightroom. If you are editing raw images then it will be necessary for Photoshop to create the PSD or TIF file. Photoshop is not capable of saving changes to raw files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it wasn't giving me an option to just save, just save as (then save on cloud or computer).

I ended up closing both programs, reopening and it seems to have worked!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edits done in Lightroom are recorded in the Lightroom Classic Catalog file, Lightroom never makes changes to the Original file.

Photoshop edits have to be physicaly applied to the file on saving, hence a new file has to be created. What you are experiencing is as designed.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.2, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So then I have 2 files in Lightroom Classic if I made an edit in photoshop?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I right click edit>original, when it goes back into lightroom does it reapply my settings? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure I follow what you are doing so I am need to ask a couple of questions.

You are in lightroom and you right-click on a file and you see a popup with several options, you select Edit in Photoshop then does another window pop up? if yes what does it say / what do you select?

You are sending a jpeg file to edit in Photoshop and get a pop-upScreenshot 2020-05-27 at 6.54.10 PM.png and select edit original. (the fine print says 'Edit the original file. Lightroom adjustments will not be visible'. After you complete your edits in Photoshop you save the file. The original file in Lightroom gets replaced with the one created in Photoshop.

When you work with a file in Photoshop and do some edits and save or save as a new file is created. 
P..S. The additions are in italics.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.2, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys, I have the same problem, not saving them.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Ever Lopez Mexico photographer 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ever Lopez, welcome to the forum.

If the info that is provided above does not help you solve your problem then you need to create a new thread and provide sufficient information so that it can get an early and adequate response. See the screen capture for more info.

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 9.23.11 AM copy.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines