• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 will not launch from Lightroom on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read through several "fixes" and have already tried to quit the Creative Cloud, reboot, etc. which works once or twice but then fails again. I have tried uninstalling the Creative Cloud and all apps and then reinstalling. Nothing seems to work.

When I try to launch Photoshop from Lightroom, Photoshop just does nothing.

I can't go on like this, if I can't rely on my software to operate as it should, there is something wrong.

I'm using Windows 10 which had a clean resinstall at the beginning of the year. This seems to be my only problem with the Creative Cloud. Not sure how long this has been going on but since around the beginning of September 2020.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop and Lightroom. Would you mind confirming the version of Lightroom that you are using? Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer.

You can try to reset the preferences of Lightroom using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2JSym5e

Please backup your presets prior to resetting the preferences.

Please Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic 9.4 and Photoshop 2020 - both show as being up to date when I open Creative Cloud Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info! Have you tried re-installing both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic through the Creative Cloud desktop app to check if it helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. In LrC, /preferences/external editor/  what is stated for Photoshop? Exact, complete wording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. Does this behavior change if PS is already running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3. In LrC preferences, for Edit in PS, are you selecting zip compressed tiff? Could slow things down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4. Have you tried resetting the preferences file? Note, this may result in prefrence reverting to defaults. The preference file can get corrupted resulting in odd behavior

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I have reset the preferences per the first response. Still having this problem and it is becoming an increasing issue as I have to stop what I am doing, exit everything, reboot and then continue.

If Photoshop is already open, then I am able to launch a file from lightroom into Photoshop. I guess this is my workaround for now although not my normal workflow. I'm thinking I need to adapt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines