Highlighted

Photoshop Can't Find Lightroom Photos

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic and Photoshop on an iMac with CatalinaOS.  When I try to access/load Lightroom files from Photoshop, I get a message that "Your Lightrom Library is Empty."  Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Can't Find Lightroom Photos

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic and Photoshop on an iMac with CatalinaOS.  When I try to access/load Lightroom files from Photoshop, I get a message that "Your Lightrom Library is Empty."  Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved your post from the poorly named Community help forum to the LR Classic forum which you say you are using.

But then you say "When I try to access/load LR files from PS". You do not access LR files from PS. In LR Classic you Send images From LR to Open In PS, "Edit In > PS".

So I have no idea what you are actually trying to do.

Then you say "I get a message that your LR library is empty".

Please post a screen shot of the Full LR Classic user interface you are seeing on your screen.

If the Library module is not showing any images then one of 2 things is going on.

1) You have a Filter set that no images correspond to. You are actually Filtering out all your images.

2) You have opened a New Blank Catalog file and have not imported any images into that catalog.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do Photoshop and Lightroom have access permissions to the catalog folder and the images folder?

34374730-2007-405B-A647-4F1828CAD7A2.png

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they have access.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your image files are not in Lightroom they are in folders on your computer's HDD, external HDD or network drive. If you wish to open them directly using Photoshop you need to access them in your folder structure, or alternatively use Lightroom to "Edit in Photoshop", as advised by Just Shoot Me in the first reply in this thread.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.3, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/how-to-link-lightroom-library-to-photoshop/td-p/9485638?pag...

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines