• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 12 to Lightroom

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have photoshop elements 12 on my computer and alot more people seem to use lightroom or photoshop. What would anyone recomend upgrading elements or upgading to lightroom? Or does it not really make a difference? If I was to change to lightroom am I able to get an upgrade from Elements 12? Will I have to remove Elements 12 from my computer to go to lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from download&install>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom takes quite a different approach from Photoshop Elements. And there are two different approaches in Lightroom. There is Lightroom Classic, which utilizes a local catalog or database and stores images locally on your local hard drive or multiple hard drives. And then there is Lightroom, which stores all of your images directly to the cloud and it enables you to edit those images on all of your devices such as your mobile phone, iPad, etc., as well as your computer. Either version off Lightroom words completely independently from Photoshop Elements. You can keep Elements installed because it isn't integrated with either version of Lightroom at all.

Lightroom, either version, is a different animal in the sense that the master image isn't changed. It is always retained in its pristine state when it is first imported or added to the Lightroom catalog. All adjustments or changes made to the images are stored in that catalog. In order to have a copy of the image that reflects all of the changes you make it is necessary to export a copy. That's probably telling you more than you want to know at this point, so I will leave it at that for now.

As far as getting an upgrade price to switch to Lightroom, that isn't possible because neither version of Lightroom is available for purchase. The only way to have Lightroom is to subscribe. The most popular plan is the photography plan which includes both versions of Lightroom and Photoshop. The subscription price is $9.99/month in the US, minimum subscription time is for one year. There is a discount if you pay for a full year at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have photoshop elements 12 on my computer and alot more people seem to use lightroom or photoshop. What would anyone recomend upgrading elements or upgading to lightroom? Or does it not really make a difference?

Yes, I'm sure some people prefer Lightroom Classic. Others do not. Why are you even thinking about switching? Be specific.

Does it make a difference? That depends on what you are doing (or what you want to do). If you can be much more specific about what you are doing with your photos and much more specific about what you want do do with your photos, people can provide more specific advice. Vague questions get vague answers.

If I was to change to lightroom am I able to get an upgrade from Elements 12?

Any upgrade of Adobe software costs money. Everyone pays the same subscription price for Lightroom Classic.

Will I have to remove Elements 12 from my computer to go to lightroom?

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My 2cents worth-

You have-

-Photoshop-Elements (Pixel Editor)- included ACR (Raw renderer)

With a $9.99 Photogaphy plan (20Gb) you would have-

-Photoshop (the 'full' version powerful Photo and Graphic editor)

-Lightroom-CLASSIC v10 ( ACR on 'steroids' with total Image Management, and modules for Print, Books, Slideshows, etc)

-Lightroom v4 (Cloud based for all Mobile devices or remote desktop) should you wish to use it!

-A Portfolio website, and the ability to share photos with anyone else with a Web Browser.

You would find the 'step up' to the subscription 'Plan' gives you greater possibilities with your photo editing.

Ps-Elements will work with Lightroom-Classic, but why use it if the full version Photoshop is available?

The Lightroom-Classic Catalog system eliminates the need to use Adobe Bridge or any File Browser to find your photos.

My recommendation- Upgrade! (your system permitting)  You will not be sorry.

! Lightroom-CLASSIC System requirements

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines