• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop library: Do you have to use CC for Photoshop with the Photography plan?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer using LR Classic and only have the 20GB Photography plan package. I am new to PS and want to explore it. I called Adobe and couldn't get a straight answer to this. Am I able to create a library using my desktop or do all of my imports need to use CC? If so, with RAW images I would use up the cloud storage very quickly, also are there delays with accessing the photos if they need to download from CC storage? I am primarily interested in using PS on my desktop iMAC. I do have an icloud account, but I would prefer to use that storage for saved files. 

Thanks for your help,

Suzanne 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

CC (or Creative Cloud) is (partially) a software delivery system. You have to use Creative Cloud to install the Lightroom Classic software and updates and to install the Photoshop CC software and updates.

After that, you don't have to use the Creative Cloud for anything, you don't have to store your photos in the cloud unless you want to, you don't have to use the Cloud. I don't, except that I experimented with these tools for a week or two, and then stopped using them.

As with this whole set of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalogue your images  using Lightroom Classic, and send them directly to PS.  You really don't need to install "Lightroom", the cloud-dependent app. Why do you think you need to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it confusing that PS shows up as Adobe Photoshop CC 2019. Contrasting with the previous Lightroom CC compared to Lightroom Classic.

And with my first use, the "Build a Creative Cloud Library" stands out on the bottom right.

I just didn't want to link my PS with Creative Cloud. I now understand that I don't need to.

Thanks, Suzanne 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CC (or Creative Cloud) is (partially) a software delivery system. You have to use Creative Cloud to install the Lightroom Classic software and updates and to install the Photoshop CC software and updates.

After that, you don't have to use the Creative Cloud for anything, you don't have to store your photos in the cloud unless you want to, you don't have to use the Cloud. I don't, except that I experimented with these tools for a week or two, and then stopped using them.

As with this whole set of software, Adobe's naming system causes huge amounts of confusion, so much that the Adobe tech people are confused at times, as you discovered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines