• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop starts, but doesn't open files sent from Lightroom

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Photoshop. I had already updated Lightroom.

In LIghtroom, when I right click>edit in Photoshop, Lightroom will open  Photoshop but no photo. Neither, DNGs, Tiffs oder RAWs. I uninstalled both programs and reinstalled but still... the problem remains .  I can access the file outside of Lightroom and open it in Photoshop.... but I need to be able to work in between Lightroom and Photoshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After an uninstall, did you install Photoshop FIRST, the LR? The order is important.

Please provide the exact version numbers of both products.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for yur help!

I uninstalled Photoshop CC 2019 (20.0..3) first and reinstalled it. Then I uninstalled Lightroom Classic CC (8.2 and Camera RAW 11.2) and reinstalled it.

A few minutes ago tested it again and find out, that the problem only occurs, when the files are stored on my QNAP (NAS) (what worked fine for many years). Files wich are stored on my iMac 5k (OS X 10.14.3) will be opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem now, files stored on Asstor NAS will not open in Photoshop CC 2019 (20.0.3) when opened from Lightroom Classic (8.2).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible issue with ACR, try reverting to earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce Camera Raw 11.2.1 which includes a fix for issues with Bridge and Lightroom Classic opening raw files using Edit in Photoshop.

This change also includes a bug fix affecting the opening raw files stored on a NAS.

Note: It is necessary to install the Camera Raw update to fix this issue. Installing Lightroom Classic 8.2.1 alone will not affect the issue.

You can install the updates on desktop applications via the Creative Cloud App. [CTRL/CMD]+[ALT/OPT]+[ R ] will refresh your app if the update doesn’t appear. See Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud

Please install the update and let us know if you continue to face any issues.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be uptodate on all of my apps but I can still not access edit in PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and view this

After update, I cant send photos to Photoshop to edit

A different solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long shot:  It might sound like a simplistic but have you set the Preference in Lightroom External Editing tab for the PSD format?

. . . I'm liking the above update a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here!  Very frustrating!  I can get files to go to other programs just not photoshop or beta photoshop.  All apps updated.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't mentioned which version of Photoshop you're using, and since the last post in this thread is dated 3 April 2019 (i.e. more than 4 years back), then your issue might ven be the same as the OP. So, you'll need to provide more details on Photoshop version, etc.

In the meantime, check out below linked thread to see if your issue is the same 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-bugs/p-lightroom-classic-gt-edit-in-ps-long-delay-erro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All apps up to date as of today 8/3/23

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines