• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picture is lighter in Develop than Library

Participant ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am looking at a picture in Library and then go to Develop the picture gets lighter before I even edit anything. The first picture is library.LibraryLibraryDevelopDevelop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found your post from March about this problem, which gives me the impression that this only happens with one image.

Can you confirm that that's the case?

Or does it happen with all images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All pictures. I posted in March and didn't see much help. I don't know what to do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Library and Develop don't match, it's usually caused by a defective monitor profile.

Try setting the monitor profile to sRGB. If that fixes the issue, it is recommended that you calibrate the monitor with a hardware calibrator. This will also create and install a custom monitor profile that accurately describes your monitor.

To change the monitor profile, see this page.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

Lightroom has be restarted to become aware of the new profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will try this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I followed the steps to change my moniter profile and unfortunatly it did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. If I understand correctly the photo in develop mode is more accurate to what the picture looks like? Am I correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color difference between Library and Develop described in the Adobe Help article happens extremely rarely, and only with very saturated colors on wide gamut monitors.

It has nothing to do with your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines