Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picture noise after export

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am using Lightroom to edit my RAW files and export them.

On some files I have the problem that the image in Lightroom looks good, but after I exported it, the noise is extreme high.

At first I thought that it is a problem of the JPEG compression. Then I expoerted the same picture as PNG, but the noise even get worse.

I use the Adobe RGB color space at export and no sharpening at all.

Does anybody can tell me why?

The left side shows the picture as it appears in lightroom(its a screenshot), the right side is the exported PNG from lightroom

export_difference.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know PNG compresses files even more than JPG. Export as a TIFF and look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello JustShootMe,

unfortunately I can not use TIFF for my further use of the photos.

But I tried anybut and the TIFF Picture hat the same problem (a little less noise than in PNG or JPEG, but still not useable for printing or using it on websites)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is almost always due to insufficient Noise Reduction and/or excessive Sharpening settings. Tell us the camera model and ISO setting for this image and a screenshot of the 'Detail' panel settings you applied. Also what version of LR are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When evaluating sharpness and noise, (and when applying sharpening and noise reduction) you have to view the image at 1:1 (100%).  At this view, one image pixel is represented by one screen pixel, and this the only view/magnification that gives you a true representation of the image. Any other magnification will be inaccurate and misleading because the image has been scaled.

Also, different applications use different algorithms for scaling, so for instance, a 43% view in one application may look very different from the same view in another application.

So do you still see a difference when viewing both images at 1:1?

Please provide a screenshot from Lightroom as requested by Todd Shaner​. I suggest that you show us the entire Lightroom window with the image in Develop at 1:1, with the Detail panel visible.

Then I expoerted the same picture as PNG, but the noise even get worse.

Lightroom cannot export PNG. Do you mean DNG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines