• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picture synched with cloud but no album synched

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found 13.000 and more pictures synchronized with the cloud but no album is set on synchronization in the Lightorrm Classic on my Mac. If i delete in on the cloud, it says thet tle picture will be delatated also on the Lightroom Classic. How can I remove the synchronization  if there is no synch sign on any Lightroom Folder?!? It seems that pictures I used to have synchronized months ago are still on the cloud, even if on the Lightroom on the Mac I have removed the Synchronization comand on those folders. Now I'm really stuck and don't know how to handle it.

Any subjestion?!? Help me please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "but no album is set on synchronization in the Lightorrm Classic on my Mac"

Please explain there are no "album" in Lightroom Classic.

Quote "How can I remove the synchronization  if there is no synch sign on any Lightroom Folder?!?"

Lightroom Classic does not synchronize "Folders" it only synchronizes "Collections" see the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 11.45.15 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DdeGannes is right. If i try to go further that Dd, here is what I understood:

1) you set the synchronization off in LR Classic ( now on the upper right corner)

2) you still see your images on the Cloud. The only way I know to physically destroy images stored in the Adobe Cloud is to go to LR mobile and select and delete the photos one per one. I did not try a method for selecting a range of images and deleting them all at once. I am not sure it even exists. 

3)I am not so sure of having totally understood your issue. 

-do you want to delete / destroy the images in the Adobe Cloud?

-something else?

Best regards. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's a lot Denis and Eric

My English si not that good and I have used the wrong words.

What I meant is that I found 13.000 and more synchronized photos in the Catalog that in Italian is "All Synced Photographs", but there were no Collection synchronized. So I could not see which photos in which collections were synchronized.

The problem starts when  I erased alle the photos in the web Page of my Adobe Lightroom account, following the instructions in Lightroom Sync Preferences. In the Mac Lightroom I saw the cloud tools showing 0 GB cloud storage and  Local Activity synchronizing 13.000 photos. At that point, fearing thai I might end up losing photos, I went back in the web Page of my Adobe Lightroom Account and put back all the 13.000 photos from the just delated folder. When I got back in the Mac Lightroom I realized that many pictures are now duplicated and the local activity is very slowing synchronizing some 23.000 photos (last night has been processed only 50 something pictures).

I tried another thing. Reopen Lightroom on my Mac from a recente backup catalog. Great. I have alla my pictures with no problem or duplication. But if I turn on the synchronization tool in the cloud it starts alla over again (23.000 pictures to be synchronized and as process goes on, many pictures are now duplicated!)

I am really stuck now. I’d like to restart from my last complete backup on the Mac, no pictures synchronized, cloud empty with no synchronization pending. Start synchronizing new collection as I desire.

Please help me

Thanks a lot,

Carlo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I really need some help. I've no idea on how to resolve this mess I've made.

Please give me some hints. Any information is really really welcome.

Best regards,

Carlo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not certain exactly how you should proceed to correct your situation but would strongly suggest that you view some tutorials from Lightroom prepared by Adobe employees, There is lots of free info available online, you can start at the link below. https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=AwrEk5eac_denokA85BXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvb... 

The following info may assist in your figuring out what occurred. Just some thoughts.

1. In Lightroom Classic, as you are aware, the normal procedure is to sync from your Collections to your cloud storage. However, there is another possibility if you go to a Folder that contains image files in the Library module and select several images you can use your mouse to drag and drop them to the "all synced photographs".  It is not a feature that is normally seen in the forum. LrC will sync smart previews to the cloud storage. They will show in all photographs in Lightroom (cloud-based) and Lightroom Mobile apps. The smart previews do not affect your storage. They will not show as Albums in the cloud  apps.

2. If you previously synced another/ earlier  LrC Catalog and synced Collections to the cloud they will still be there.

3. If you used Lightroom (cloud-based) desktop or Lightroom Mobile on you iPad ot iPhone and synced files to the Creative Cloud all those will show in your all synced photographs.

Proceed with caution and I am sure you will get it sorted out. The Lightroom Queen website is also a worthwhile visit for lots of Lightroom apps. Best of luck. Posting on the Lightroom forum might also be helpful. I have also sent you a private message.

Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 1.05.28 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines