Picture turns black in the develop module

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sick and tired of these miserable updates . It keeps getting worse from update to update!

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017
Try to disable the GPU in the Performance tab under Preferences - uncheck Use Graphics Processor.The preferences are found in the Edit menu on Windows, in the Lightroom menu on a Mac.

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion.

Monicat89154024 I am sorry you are facing errors when attempting to update you CC applications.  Are you receiving any specific error messages?  What operating system are you installing the Adobe Creative Cloud software on?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not update Photoshop yet because I am scared.

After updating LR, every time I try to crop or delete any image as under Develop mode the picture in the middle turns black , a big black square and I can not see anymore anything I am doing.

It used to be when on the fit mode that you could see the whole image and see adjustments, if I cropped or deleted any image, boom , turns black. I have to close LR and restart. I am a hole day selecting images. This is a nightmare

Sent from my iPhone

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification Monicat89154024.  I have moved this discussion to the Lightroom Classic CC forum.  The community in this forum may have suggestions on how to resolve the current error of being unable to view images in the develop module properly.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

may I ask how should community resolve a bug in Adobe SW? We are more interested in seeing how Adobe resolves this and by resolving I don't mean turning off GPU support which will just push us closer to migration to your competition.

Thanks,

Ladislav

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ladislavm82202246  wrote

may I ask how should community resolve a bug in Adobe SW? We are more interested in seeing how Adobe resolves this and by resolving I don't mean turning off GPU support which will just push us closer to migration to your competition.

Hi Ladislav,

To really have a (little) chance to see a bug taken into account by Adobe developers, go to to the feedback forum. Nothing will happen here.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ladislav, I would recommend you start a new discussion in the Lightroom Classic CC forum where this discussion was moved too.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But this doesn't belong in the Forums at all. It belongs at Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

None of here in the forums are going to fix this problem.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to disable the GPU in the Performance tab under Preferences - uncheck Use Graphics Processor.

The preferences are found in the Edit menu on Windows, in the Lightroom menu on a Mac.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thank you!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines