Highlighted

Pictures disappear from saved print

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m trying to create a collage in the print module with selected pictures, that I put in a collection.

First and foremost I create a saved print  from the beginning ( printer icon appears) with the dimensions of the collage I want to print etc A3 or A2.

Nevertheles,  from time to time I experience, that the pictures in the half finished or finished collage disappear even though they are still in the collection.  Only the empty cells are left 🤯

Shouldn’t the layout with cells and pictures be updated and saved as I go along editing. Anyway, I cannot see any possibility to save or update the edits I’ve done  🤔

Also I am curious about whether the saved print layout is saved in the catalog or anywhere else , so I can back it up.

Hopefully, some of you people can shed a light on this issue .

Best regards from Lars 🙏

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pictures disappear from saved print

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m trying to create a collage in the print module with selected pictures, that I put in a collection.

First and foremost I create a saved print  from the beginning ( printer icon appears) with the dimensions of the collage I want to print etc A3 or A2.

Nevertheles,  from time to time I experience, that the pictures in the half finished or finished collage disappear even though they are still in the collection.  Only the empty cells are left 🤯

Shouldn’t the layout with cells and pictures be updated and saved as I go along editing. Anyway, I cannot see any possibility to save or update the edits I’ve done  🤔

Also I am curious about whether the saved print layout is saved in the catalog or anywhere else , so I can back it up.

Hopefully, some of you people can shed a light on this issue .

Best regards from Lars 🙏

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can update presets/templates that you made by right-clicking ... I think that's the way to go.

However, if you create and save a print that appears in the collection panel, that is a fixed thing that always can be reloaded but not changed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 1
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

selected pictures, that I put in a collection.

This initial Collection would be a 'Standard' Collection, and only for placing together photos you want to initially take to the Print module.

First and foremost I create a saved print from the beginning ( printer icon appears) with the dimensions of the collage I want to print etc A3 or A2.

Nevertheles, from time to time I experience, that the pictures in the half finished or finished collage disappear even though they are still in the collection. Only the empty cells are left

If you [Create a Saved Print] "from the beginning", or "half finished", without photos in the cells, then that is what you will get- empty cells! in the 'Saved Print Collection'.

OTOH You have the option to create a Print Template Preset of your 'blank' collage layout. This will then always be available for any future use with any photos.

F_McLion suggested that a Print Collection can- "always can be reloaded but not changed.".  I disagree! It is quite possible from the Library Grid view to drag extra photos onto a 'Saved Print' Collection, and now you will see these also when you [double-click] the Print Collection to open in the Print module (select all on the filmstrip).

F_McLion also suggested that "You can update presets that you made by right-clicking" .

There is no [right-click] "Update Collection" menu item available for a Saved Print Collection, that I can see!, but if you change the layout of the Collage, it will automatically (in my experience) update the Print Collection template!

"saved in the catalog or anywhere else"

Always, and only, in the Catalog!- You 'preserve' by backing up the Catalog (as you should frequently!).

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 1