Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pictures exported from Lightroom are more contrasty and more saturated

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I noticed that the pictures exported from LrC are way more saturated and contrasty that what I see while editing them (see the attached picture, especially right-bottom corner of it). 

This is a real problem for me as I always have to hit and miss in terms of those two parameters when working with a RAW picture. I always end up with something different on the output JPG file.

I did not play much with the settings after installing the product 2 weeks ago -- it is in fact default settings.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

Marek

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would question what application you are using to view the exported JPEG image, and whether or not that application is color managed. Often times those applications are NOT color managed, and cannot be relied upon for reliable comparisons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried:

- FastStone

- Windows default Pictures software

- Chrome

- GIMP

They all look pretty much the same and all look a bit darker, with more contrast to it, a bit more saturated. 

Interestingly enough, when the choose Edit in Photoshop from LrC -- it looks the same as in LrC (lighter, less contrast, less saturation than in all other programs). So, apparently this only Adobe products that display my photos differently.

I do not get it...

My monitor is being calibrated with SpyderX, if it changes anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am sorry... Just tried Windows Picture Viewer and it looks the same as in LrC/Ps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I tried:
- FastStone
- Windows default Pictures software
- Chrome
- GIMP

FasStone; have you enabled color management? https://ccm.net/faq/20748-faststone-image-viewer-enable-the-color-management-system

Chrome; Enabled? Forced?: https://ccm.net/faq/20748-faststone-image-viewer-enable-the-color-management-system

GIMP;  What vetsion?2.4 or newar? https://www.gimp.org/release-notes/gimp-2.4-cm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines