• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pictures grayed out after sharing with other computer

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shared a Catalog with another computer (MacBook Pro 2017), worked on it a bit, then went back to my other laptop (Macbook Pro M1 13" 2020) and I got the previews grayed out. I deleted the previews, deleted the previews file, tried to rebuild them... nothing seems to work. I get an error when I try to build smart previews.

I added some pictures and they built the previews ok.

The files are synched using Recilio Sync, althoug I doubt this would be the problem as I never had a problem like this before.

How can I fix this Catalog?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there's a situation where the catalog is open on two computers at once, you can get corruption. Usually you'll have a version of the catalog name with conflict or conflicted in it. 

Are the files definitely in the location where they should be? Usually Smart Previews can't be built if the file is offline. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sean, I don't think they were ever open at the same time.

The files are available and are fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InsertPhotos.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what I see, the images showing are from a posterior importScreenshot 2021-03-12 at 09.55.01.pngScreenshot 2021-03-12 at 09.55.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From here, my two paths would be running the File>Optimize Catalog command and resetting Preferences.

Does opening any of the images in Develop force a preview build?

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Optimize didn't change anything

when going to development is says the file is missing

Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 17.45.22.png

when I go to find missing files it says none are missing

Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 17.47.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit of triage: What happens when you right (or control) click on a 'missing' image in Library and you select "Show in Finder". Do you see the correct file highlighted in finder? Can you open the raw file in preview from finder correctly by double clicking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved: I went back to the older computer, opened the catalog, created new previews and closed it... now when I open it on the new laptop everything looks good.

Thanks for all the tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines