Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pictures vanish from collection

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I just had the time to work on some photos in Lightroom classic. When I opend Lightroom it migrated my catalog to version 10.1.

While I was working, Lightroom sychronised my photos with the cloud and after a while I noticed that over half of my photos are vanished from their collections. Once I noticed this I could practicly watch that all the photos which were synced were suddenly without a collection. 

This is a nightmare... of course I have still the old catalog... but can't I sync with the cloud without loosing my sorting? 

I found the idea of having previews in my pocket apeling, but not if I have to sort 40000 again..

Any clarification of this issue would be appreciated.

Regards Yvonne 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“While I was working, Lightroom sychronised my photos with the cloud...”

Are you now talking about Lightroom or Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“While I was working, Lightroom sychronised my photos with the cloud and after a while I noticed that over half of my photos are vanished from their collections.”

How did you notice this? What does photos missing from collections have to do with Lightroom Classic synchronizing with the cloud?

“Once I noticed this I could practicly watch that all the photos which were synced were suddenly without a collection.”

Are you sure the synch was with the CLOUD and not a Synchronize Folder from within the Folder Panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did you notice this? What does photos missing from collections have to do with Lightroom Classic synchronizing with the cloud?

Well I wondered as well what the conection might be, thats why I asked, because I find it quite puzzeling. I noticed the conection that they drop out of a collection when they are synced with the cloud. And it is quite easy to spot if one collection after the other gets empty the more photos are shown as synced.

Are you sure the synch was with the CLOUD and not a Synchronize Folder from within the Folder Panel?

Yes quite sure, all my photos are still in their designated folder in the folder panel. Lightroom classic showed in the sync box that all is synced with the cloud and my collections were empty.

I opend a backup now of my classic libary. Stoped the sync with the cloud, removed the sync from every collection and try to sync now one after the other and look what happens. 

Well if it does not work with a propper sync from Classic to cloud I won't do it. But maybe soneone has an idea what the problem could be.

Thanks to all

Yvonne 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines