Highlighted

Please help. Can't import images into a catalog.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's showing that Lightroom cannot create a catalog in Volumes because the catalog cannot save changes into this location. Hence I can't import images. Also my external hardrive is not showing as a source for the import. Any advice?

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Please help. Can't import images into a catalog.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's showing that Lightroom cannot create a catalog in Volumes because the catalog cannot save changes into this location. Hence I can't import images. Also my external hardrive is not showing as a source for the import. Any advice?

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 14, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a catalog in a FOLDER where you know you have write permission, such as Photos or Documents. (also, I don't think catalogs can be created in the root directory of a drive)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you're trying to create a catalogue in a location on your computer which doesn't have write permissions. You'll need to change read/write permissions for this location or choose another location where you can write.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using the Catalina Mac OS, run the system tool "security and privacy" and verify that all the options for Lightroom are turned on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 0
GoldingD LATEST
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Operating System version?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 0