• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please Help - Lr won't "locate" my files after editing in Ps

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be doing something wrong, ? since the Catalina update (iMac user). I'm using Lr 9.2 and Ps 21.1.1. I've been using these products for over 7 years, but now when I "Edit in...Ps", do my work, then save as a .tif, the file is unable to be seen in Lr. There appears to be a stacked image, as it ought to be, but the exclamation point conveys it can't locate the file. When I look in Finder, the file is there. I then synchronize the folder and all is well. But, this is a pain and not normal workflow. Was on with Adobe Support for ~an hour last night and he couldn't fix it. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you  confirm that you have Stack with Original checked in your  preferences > external editing tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did...not the issue, but thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot  of your  Preferences > External Editing tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are accomplishing a save as from Photoshop. Lightroom will not automaticaly sync (import) that new file. You would have to import it (or sync the folder it us in)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are working in Lightroom with  RAW file , then when you went to Edit in Photoshop, a new file would have been temparily created and brought up in Photoshop, in the file format specified in Lightroom Classic Preferences for Edit in Photoshop. Then if when ready you either Save or Close, not Save as, that new photo file  would appear in your Lightroom Classic catalog.

It could be stacked with the original file if in the formentioned prefrence stting, stack with original is selected.

Cannot remember if the same occurs for the case where the original is a JPEG, not a JPEG shooter. Well, not fir post orocessing)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying David...I truly appreciate it. 

I was on with Adobe for, are you ready, 

2.5hours! trying to figure this out. After endless permutations to try and discern what the problem was, we concluded that the issue lies in a permission problem with my external hard drives. In fact, there is nothing wrong with my workflow or Lr catalogue (I assumed a corrupted catalogue). 

Regardless, have used Lr and Ps for 7 years, and have never had a problem with the image returning to Ps until I updated my OS. BTW...have always seen my return images using "save as...", rather than saving it as a ***-Edit.tif. 

Anyway, thanks again for trying. I truly appreciate the help. I'll be calling my hard drive manufacturers to discern the proper permissions for external programs to read/write. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

? since the Catalina update (iMac user)

Following was not posted, I think, probably as it does not sound as if the follwing is the issue, However, might as well double check. Probably anytime one sees the word Catalina, the following should be brought up.

Application, not user, but Application rights. In Files and Folders, and when applicable in the MACOS Folder Photos. This is a key change at MACOS Catalina for Cyber Security.

On the MAC, outside of Lightroom Classic. Bring up System Preferences, select Security and Privacy, select the Privacy tab, scroll down to Files and Folders, for Lightroom Classic, and for Photoshop, make sure all boxes shown are checked. Scroll up to Photos, make sure Lightroom Classic and Photoshop are included (if for some odd IMO reason you work in that MACOS folder, Photos, as is default)

3AD62B96-6873-4D79-9448-03F5A26C98F7.png

https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"now when I "Edit in...Ps", do my work, then save as a .tif"

You should be doing a "save" instead of "save as"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines