Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please, help me save my dads corrupt raw files

New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!

My dad took a few photos (with his Canon Mark IV) of his mother and family members but after a bunch of photos his camera suddenly stopped displaying the photos on the display. He got home and tried to import the files but they didn't want to import to Lightroom and when I tried to open them Photoshop they still didn't work (also imported them with a card reader, still no luck). He knows all about formatting the cards and so on, but for some reason he probably forgot and the corrupted files happened anyways. The files are still large in size so it just feels like some kind of information must be stored in there...

What do you think? Is there a way to save at least some information in the files? I read somewhere about preview JPGs and so on. It was a very nice get together of people who very rarely see each other.

Would really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corrupt files cannot be saved. Maybe the best you can do is extract JPG previews, but that depends on what type of corruption has happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply! Could you tell me how to extract the JPGs? Thank you!

Edit: I found ERawP which seems to be a good program but no luck, couldn't even get a little jpg out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If files are raw, You could give this a try-

Instant JPEG from Raw

But as said by @dj_paige "depends"

If the files will not Import into the Lightroom catalog then there is no possibility of extracting Previews from Lightroom.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines